“Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a MOTHER”
To all mommas out there, a big Happy Mother’s Day! Hope you enjoyed the day that is just for you.
Although quarantines can be a huge hindrance to your celebration, there are still a lot of ways you can celebrate Mother’s Day. Why not reward yourself with a glass of your favorite wine. Another idea is to gift yourself a coffee subscription from your neighborhood coffee place? This way, you not only celebrate YOUR day, you also get to help your local coffee shop!
Take the time, too, to enjoy art. Today’s art is by my very talented daughter that I am naming, “A Portrait of My Mother.”
Today’s dish is a lite fare. Avocado Toast.
You will only need:
– 4 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
– 1 small ripe avocado
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– a pinch of salt (I prefer the Himalayan Pink Salt)
To create you Mother’s Day feast,
– Crush the avocado in a small bowl. Add the salt and lemon to taste
– Spread the avocado mixture over your toast.
– You may even add egg and cheese
Enjoy this meal, this art, keep safe and stay home!
Again to all moms, Happy Mother’s Day!