Watching a dance performance is magical, no matter what type of dance it is. It just makes you want to kick your shoes off and start wiggling and stomping to the beat. On August 27, 2016, you will have a chance to do so. The best part is it is for FREE!
photo source: gapersblock.co
If you like to dance or choreograph, you can find ideas from these dance performances. You won’t even have to pay for the wonderful experience. Watch the following performances live at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millenium Park on August 27, Saturday from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Dance for Life 25th Anniversary, a new work by Randy Duncan
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, One Flat Thing, reproduced by William Forsythe
- The Joffrey Ballet, After the Rain by Christopher Wheeldon
- Pennsylvania Ballet, Concerto Barocco by George Balanchine
- Guest Artists of The Royal Ballet, Romeo & Juliet, pas de deux by Kenneth MacMillan
- Rennie Harris Puremovement, Students of the Asphalt Jungle by Dr. Lorenzo (Rennie) Harris
The Chicago Dancing Festival wraps up its 10th Anniversary season of free dance performances with a stunning grand finale: Dancing Under the Stars. Introducing new artists and celebrating performances by top dance companies that have been a part of the Festival’s 10 year history, this powerful line-up is sure to deliver an unforgettable evening of the finest dance at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. (source: chicagodancingfestival.com)
Tap your feet to the beat, wiggle your hips to the sounds and smile with your head held high as you dance along these performances. This is an experience you wouldn’t want to miss.
Make the most out of what are for FREE in Chicago!